Porsche 19 Pin OBD1 - 16 Pin OBD2 Adapter
This is an adapter cable suitable for older Porsche models with a round 19 pin OBD1 connection to 16 pin OBD2 . If your Porsche does not have an OBD2 connection, you can use this adapter to connect a diagnostic tool. The diagnostic equipment must be suitable for OBD1. Further on in the description you will find which models use the 19 pin connection and where it is located in your Porsche.Read more
What is the Porsche 19 Pin OBD1 - 16 Pin OBD2 adapter cable for?
This adapter cable turns a 19 pin OBD1 connection into an OBD2 connection. In order to read out your Porsche with the old OBD1 connection, you also need a reader that can read out OBD1. An overview of Porsche OBD1 readers can be found at the bottom of the page.
Specifications of the Porsche OBD1 adapter cable
- Connector: 19 pin OBD1 connector to standard 16 pin OBD2 connector
- Cable length: 30cm
- Only suitable for cars with OBD1. As a rule, these are the 1996 Porsche cars. Also the diagnostic device you connect must be able to work with OBD1.
- Made of strong materials and therefore suitable for intensive use.
For which Porsche models is this adapter cable suitable and where is the connector located?
The diagnostic connector is in different places on models. To save searching, we have listed them for you below.
- Porsche 928: under the side flap of the center console next to the passenger seat
- Porsche 944: under the dashboard on the passenger side
- Porsche 968: under the dashboard on the passenger side
- Porsche 964: along the passenger side fender behind a round cover
- Porsche 993 (early models): along the passenger side fender panel behind a circular cover
What do you get delivered?
- Porsche 19 pin OBD1 to 16 pin OBD2 reducer cable
Why buy a Porsche 19 pin adapter cable?
- If you own an older Porsche, before the year 2001, your Porsche does not yet possess OBD2. Many models up to around the year 1996 use a 19 pin diagnostic connector. To read out your Porsche with this type of connector you will need this adapter cable and a suitable diagnostic tool that can handle older OBD1 connectors. Please note that this cable is not suitable for Durametric systems, these need a different pin-out. Please contact us for this.
Advantages & drawbacks
- Using this adapter cable, you can also use a compatible reader to read out an older Porsche before the year 2001
- Works only with readers that also support the OBD1 protocol
- Manufacturer Porsche
- Features Adapter, Converter Cable
ReviewsWrite your review
Perfect product with all pin assignments present allowing it to be used on multiple models07-02-2020
Fits well, careful though, just doesn't work with durametric.02-07-2018
Smooth communication and answer questions08-06-2018
Excellent quality, works with other Porsche testers (PIWIS, Durametric)05-10-2016