This manual describes how to connect the Tesla diagnostic cable in the Model S facelift and Model X.
- OBDLink OBD2 dongle
- Suitable app, such as Scan My Tesla or TM-Spy
- Tesla Model S facelift and Model X diagnostic cable
Model S facelift and Model X installation:
- Turn the vehicle ON.
- Loosen the storage drawer, which sits under the main screen, by pressing down on the inside of the compartment with the palms of your hands until the clips holding it in place loosen. You will need to apply some force to loosen the drawer, but you can be sure that it is designed to be pulled down.
- Once the storage drawer is removed, you will find the Tesla Diagnostic Connector against the back wall.
- Pull it toward you and insert the cable into the open end of the diagnostic connector.
- Push until they click into place. The connectors only fit one way.
- Then you can plug in the OBDLink dongle and connect it to your phone or tablet.
Note: Connecting equipment to your Tesla is done entirely at your own risk. Carvitas cannot be held responsible for any damage to your vehicle caused by improper use of this product. The user is responsible for checking for any damage to the cable before use. Both upon receipt and before each use. The cable we supply is an adapter that allows you to read data from the car. The cable uses the car's CAN hi and Lo signals and also powers the OBD dongle.