Mercedes-Benz 38 Pin OBD1 - 16 Pin OBD2 Adapter
This Mercedes adapter cable from OBD1 (38 pin) to OBD2 16 pin is suitable for older Mercedes-Benz models. Indispensable for reading out via OBD1. This adapter ensures that diagnostic equipment can be connected to your car. Please note that the diagnostic equipment must be suitable for OBD1.Read more
What is the Mercedes 38 pin adapter for?
This Mercedes 38 pin adapter cable turns an OBD1 connection into an OBD2 connection. To read out your Mercedes with the older OBD1 system you will need a reader that can read out OBD1. The 38 pin diagnostic connector was used on Mercedes models from the year 1994 to the year 2001 and can be found under the hood, in the engine compartment. After that, they switched to the standard 16-pin OBD2 connection. The following Mercedes models use the 38 pin connection:
- W124 E-class construction year 1985-1996
- W129/R129 SL-class construction year 1989-2001
- W140/V140/C140 S-class construction year 1991-1998
- W170 SLK-class construction year 1996-2001
- W202 C-class construction year 1994-2000
- W208/C208 CLK-class construction year 1997-2001
- W210 E-class construction year 1995-2001
- W220 S-class construction year 1998-2001
- and more...
Specifications of the Mercedes OBD1 to OBD2 adapter cable
- Connector: round 38 pin OBD1 connector to standard 16 pin OBD2 connector
- Cable length: 28cm
- Only suitable for cars with OBD1. The reader you connect must also work with OBD1.
- The plug and cable are made of robust materials for long life.
What gets delivered?
- Mercedes 38 pin OBD1 - 16 pin OBD2 adapter cable; suitable for connecting to an OBD1 compatible diagnostic device.
Why buy a Mercedes 38-pin adapter cable?
If you own an older Mercedes, before the year 2001, your Mercedes has a round 38 pin diagnostic port, located under the hood of your car. To read out your Mercedes, you will need this adapter cable, plus a suitable diagnostic tool that can handle older OBD1 connections. A list of suitable reading devices for Mercedes with OBD1 can be found below. Note: Mercedes has used different pin assignments for some models. It can therefore sometimes happen that the cable does not function properly.
Advantages & drawbacks
- Using this adapter cable, a compatible reader can also be used to read out an older Mercedes prior to the year 2001.
- Works only with readers that also support the OBD1 protocol
Often purchased together with...
- Manufacturer Mercedes
- Features Adapter, Converter Cable
ReviewsWrite your review
can also read it with obd111-01-2024
Not tested yet, I assume this cable is connected to the OBD1 plug with multiple wires.09-09-2021
Fits our Mercedes Slk just fine15-12-2018
Just works properly and fits well16-10-2018
Solid,strain relief on cable,well priced and delivered very quickly.12-03-2017